DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Computer Science and Engineering department offers exciting, intellectually challenging, and rapidly growing career opportunities. It plays a pivotal role in all domains whether it is intelligent game playing, mobile applications, smart robots, cloud computing, data security, social networks, or bioinformatics. Computer Science and Engineering is at the core of the information era. To make the students be prepared to grab the tremendous opportunities available in the field, the Computer Science and Engineering Department is strongly committed to excel in academics as well as research.
- B.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
To strive to be a globally modern institution all set for taking ‘lead-role’ in grooming the younger
generation socially responsible and professionally competent to face the challenges ahead.
- To produce innovative, competent and goal oriented Computer Science Engineers through cutting-edge educational experience.
- To enrich the knowledge of students by imparting state-of- the- art technology.
- To improve employability of students through Industry-Institution relationship and making them industry ready.
- To update the knowledge and qualification of the faculty members continuously.
ROAD MAP OF THE DEPARTMENT
- 2001 - Establishment of the department
- 2001 - Introduction of the UG course B.E. – CSE with an intake of 45.
- 2002 - Intake of B.E. – CSE was increased from 45 to 60
- 2005 - Intake of B.E. – CSE was increased from 60 to 90
- 2008 - PG Course M.E. Computer Science and Engineering was introduced with an intake 18
- 2009 - Intake of B.E. – CSE was increased from 90 to 120
- 2009 - The department was accredited by NBA for 3 Years
- 2012 - Intake of M.E. – CSE was increased from 18 to 24
- 2013 - The department was re-accredited by NBA for 2 Years
- 2015 - Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The department owns an admirable infrastructure in the form of 4 laboratories.
- Computer Lab II
- Computer Lab III
- Computer Lab IV
- Computer Lab V
- Approved Remote Center for IITB in conducting Faculty training workshops. Conducted 3 ISTE workshops with 5lakh funding.
- Retaining the Resource center status with 2 stars – Conducted more than 80 workshops on FOSS courses and the students received online certification from IIT Bombay.
- Every student is undergoing a minimum of 5 certification courses from Spoken Tutorial, IIT Bombay, Microsoft Innovation center or Oracle i learning.
- Successfully conducting Infosys Campus Connect programme for more than 450 students every year and got Advanced Partner Status from Infosys.
- 112 papers were published in conference and Journal by our faculty members.
- 17 Students have secured University Rank from Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore and Anna University, Chennai from the year 2011.
- 2 of our Student Projects were selected for funding from Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology (TNSCST).
- Campus Placement has improved steadily and reached 88% during the current academic year.
- Vishnu Ram L.R & Shruthi P (III CSE) is selected as Microsoft Student Partners. They trains the
students at Microsoft Innovation Centre after working hours. They have Published 37 Apps in Windows 8 Store.
- Our students have developed and published more than 200 Applications in Windows 8.
- Ten Students have developed Applications and received certificate of Merit from Microsoft, Bangalore in the Microsoft Guinness World Record Contest.
- Faculty Members have got partnership level awards for the effective delivery of Infosys Foundation Program (16 Bronze and 8 silver level partnerships).
- Faculty Members and Students are trained and developed applications in Windows 8 Store and Android etc.,
- 13 Faculty Members have completed level one “Preliminary” and 8 Faculty Members Completed second level “ VANTAGE” in Business English Certificate (BEC)
- Obtained 1st Place in more Registrations in Programming Contest conducted by Infosys, Bangalore
- Our students are continuously securing the overall Championship in the Sports Activities.
- Sports: Anbarasi III CSE: Won first place in National level Weight lifting competition.
- Organized AICTE sponsored National level seminar titled ‘Emerging trends in Wireless Technology’ in the year 2010.
- Organized International Conference - ICATS in 2014.
- Organized HACKTRICKS 2012 Workshop along with IIT, Delhi
- Intel Contest Winners at Bangalore: Received Tablet PC
- Our student C. Sugavin, CSE Department,attained World No.1 in the Google's
developers contestand achieved the title "Google Chief Student Developer" in the second round of the Mobile App 2015 contest