DEPARTMENT OF ECE
History of the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001 for imparting trend-setting education, training and research in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied areas. Right from its inception, the Department strives to be the best and novel in achieving academic excellence, eminence in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
The Department has qualified and well experienced and competent faculty members which attracts the students community. The placement record has always been very impressive. Many alumni hold prestigious posts in core discipline and software companies.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has state-of the- art infrastructure which includes laboratories in the areas of Electronic Circuits, Communication, Embedded systems, Digital Signal Processing, Microwave and Optical Communication, Micro Electro Mechanical System, Sensors, VLSI system design, Applied Electronics with special emphasis on Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits and Communication Technology.
The Department has the latest simulation tools to cater to various specializations and is equipped and furnished with advanced facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental as well as theoretical results.
The Department has secured 35 university ranks in the Anna University Examinations as on date.
To strive to be a Globally Model Institutions all set for taking ‘lead -role’ in grooming the younger generation socially responsible and professionally competent to face the challenges ahead.
- To update knowledge and techniques in the context of teaching and learning engineering.
- To help the students to emerge technically sound and professionally competent.
- To develop the Electronics & Communication Engineering Department as a Centre of
Excellence in VLSI technology, Embedded systems and Biomedical engineering.
- To carry out meaningful and purposeful research.
- B.E Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.E Applied Electronics
- M.E VLSI Design
- M.E Communication Systems
- Electronics Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Communication Systems Lab
- Digital Lab
- VLSI Lab
Research & Development cell:
- The B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering Department has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation since 2009.
- Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- AICTE- CII ranked the Department with Green Status.
- The Department has permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
An excellent Research & Development Cell has been established with cutting edge technological equipments in order to satisfy the thirst for research in various fields. Several Equipments and Software are being deployed to assist various research activities. 400K GATE SPARTAN-3FPGA Board, Advanced Students Project Board, UP3 FPGA Board, and MICROWIND Package-Transistor Level VLSI Software are being used.
- Automatic Diabetic Control System
- An neural network based MAODV RBF for Ad hoc networks
- Compression and Decompression of Medical image
- High Performance VLSI Design Using Effective Algorithm
- Efficient Algorithm for Wireless sensor Network
- Interference management in Femtocell networks
- Efficient Algorithm for Clock generation in VLSI systems
- Power aware routing protocol in MANET
- Cast iron Surface finishing Using Segmentation
- Performance analysis of handover management in heterogeneous wireless networks.
- Our Department is twice accredited by NBA with excellent teaching and student fraternity.
- We have excellent placement track record with 192 offers from top MNC’s like CTS Tech Mahindra, Gemini Communications, Polaris, IDBI Federal,MMC InfoTech and so on for the academic year 2015-2016.
- Secured Zone Ist in VII semester and Zone IInd in III semester results published by Anna University, Chennai for the academic year 2015-2016.
- Every year our UG & PG students got University Ranks in exams conducted by the Anna University, Chennai.
- Ms.R.Mohana Priya of 2008-10 batch secured First Rank and Gold Medalist with 9.69 CGPA at Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Mr.S.Santhakumar of 2012-16 batch received the Best Student Award from ISTE Students Chapter and Best Outgoing student award for the academic year 2015-16.
- Organized an International Conference with Elsevier publication on “Adaptive Technologies for Sustainable Growth (ICATS 2015)”.
- Organised a guest lecture titled “Challenges in Journal Publication and Thesis Writing” on 18.01.2016.
- Organized a National Level Working Model Contest “PARIKSHA” on 19.03.2016.
- Mr.Manikandan of 2014-2018 batch won first place in Basketball at State level.
- Ms.Bharathi of 2014-2018 batch won first place in State level weight lifting.
- Ms.I.Keerthiga of 2014-2018 batch received the TQ Appreciation certificate from Ullas trust – Polaris and SRM University.
- Mr.R.Jayaram of 2013-2017 batch was awarded as ICL International Engineer
- Mr.S.Nandakumar of 2013-17 batch won second place in Mr. Salem Championship competition held on 29.3.15 organized by TamilNadu Muscle Man association.
- Naga Gowtham Raj of 2013-3017 batch bagged Second prize in Quiz Competitions held at JCT College of Engineering.
- Mr.V.Vigneshwaran and Ms.G.Gayathri of 2013-17 batch got selected as HCL student ambassador for January 2015 to March 2015.
- Ms.S.E.Vishnusree and Ms.S.Vallinayaki of 2013-17 batch have won first prize for the paper presentation organized by Kumarasamy College of Engineering.
- R.Jayaram of 2013-2017 batch received second prize in the Project Contest organized by Alagappa Chettiar Engineering College.
- A.Swetha and A.Sankari of 2013-2017 batch won second prize in ADZAP event organized by Muthyammal Engineering College.
- S.Shanmugapriya and S.Santhiya of 2013-2017 batch received first prize in Tech Storm conducted by Kumarasamy College of Engineering.
- S.R.Karthiga of 2012-2016 batch received the “Most Valuable Professional” from C# Corner and she is also a gold member of it.
- Ms.K.B.Nadhigeswari of 2012-16 batch have won the Best Paper award for the Paper presentation organized by Mahendra College of Engineering.
- M.Mohammed Masrooq of 2012-2016 batch won First place in Triumph of Thunder organized by Sona College of Technology.
- Ms K.Kanmani, P.Deepa, A.Bhavana of 2012-2016 batch won Best paper presentation award in the international conference.
- Mr. E.Santhosh, Mr.Aravindhan and Mr.Muralidharan of 2011-2015 batch won best paper presentation award in the international conference organized by Institute for Engineering Research and Publication, Kerala.
- Mr.K.Janarthanan and Mr.M.Gowtham of 2012-16 batch have won Cash prize of Rs.3000 in the inter college event organized by Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai.
- Mr.S.Santhakumar, Mr.R.Sabarinathan and Mr.M.Thamaraiselvan of 2012-16 batch have won cash prize of Rs.1500 and Rs.750 in the inter college event organized by Sri Krishna Engineering College, Coimbatore and Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology, Pondicherry respectively.
- Ms.R.Saranya and Ms.R.Sahana devi of 2012-16 batch have won first prize for the paper presentation organized by Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur.
- Ms.A.Vaishnavi of 2011-15 batch received the Best Student Award from ISTE Students Chapter for the academic year 2014-15 in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry region.
- Mr.S.Praveen Raj of 2011-15 batch got selected as Microsoft Student Partner and Wipro Earthian Ambassador.
- Mr. E. Santhosh of 2011-15 batch got selected as Mozilla fire fox ambassador and HCL student ambassador.
- V.Nandhini, (MSP) of 2010-14 batch received Exemplary Award from the Honorable Chief Guest Mrs. KiranBedi, IPS.
- Ms.A.Meena mani of 2010-14 batch won second place in Power lifting (57kg) and also won first place in Weight lifting (57) in the academic year 2012-13.
- Ms.R.Keerthana of of 2010-14 batch won second place in hand ball in the academic year 2012-13.
- Ms.R.Dhanyaraj of 2010-14 batch received the Best Student Award from ISTE Students Chapter for the academic year 2013-14 in Tamilnadu and Pondicherry region.
- Thangjam Yogeshnanda Singh of III ECE student of Paavai Engineering College has been selected in the "Internship programme -2011" at Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore.
- Best project awards were given to our students who completed their projects in WIPRO MISSION 10x.
- Staffordshire University, UK and Education Matter India presented “Teaching Awards in Engineering” to ECE Department for producing Rank holders in the Anna University Examination.
- Our Staff & Students have published various articles in International & National journals, as well as attended National/International Conferences.
- Five of our faculty members have attended UTLP Programming Workshop organized by Wipro Mission 10X.
- National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Government t of India sponsored Rs.4,55,144 for the workshop on “Signals and Systems” organized by the ECE Department.
- The Electronics and Communication Department organized a Faculty Development Programme on “Antenna and Wave Propagation’’ sponsored with a fund of Rs.75,000 by Anna University of Technology Coimbatore in the academic year 2011-2012.
- The Electronics and Communication Department organized a Faculty Development Programme in “Electromagnetic Fields” sponsored with a fund of Rs.70,000 by Anna University, Chennai in the academic year 2012-2013.
- The Department organized a National level Seminar on “Artificial Intelligence in Video Image Processing for Warfare Applications” sponsored with a fund of Rs.30, 000 by DRDO in the academic year 2012-2013.
- We are looking forward to the approval of the funded projects from TNSCST, MNRE, DeiTY, UGC and DRDO.