B.Tech INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the Department
The department of Information Technology was established in the year 2001. The department shares the vision and mission of the institution in providing a value-based education and to be a globally model institution. The department is managed by dedicated and experienced faculty. The department distinguishes itself by producing professionals to fit today’s requirements.
The B.Tech. Information Technology Department has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, AICTE, New Delhi.
- B.Tech – Information Technology (4 Years)
To strive to be a globally model institutions all set for taking ‘lead-role’ in grooming the younger generation socially responsible and professionally competent to face the challenges ahead.
The Department of Information Technology Committed to:
- To develop, innovate, competent and quality IT professionals by imparting state-of the art technology.
- To enrich the knowledge of the students through value-based education.
- To promote Industry-Institution relationship among the students to become more employable and better technocrats.
- To upgrade the Faculty qualification with cutting edge technology.
- To constantly update and achieve improvement in all aspects of outcomes.
- To support the institution in its educational pursuits.
- To achieve higher Status in technical and research fronts.
- Computer Practices Lab
- Programming and Data structures Lab - I
- Programming and Data structures Lab - II
- Database Management Systems Lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Networks Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- CASE Tools Lab
- Mobile Application Development Lab
- Compiler Lab
- Service Oriented Architecture Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- The Department association, ASSOIT is functioning efficiently for the benefit of the students. As an activity of ASSOIT, at least one guest lecture by an experienced personality is being conducted every month focusing on recent inventions and developments in the field. The guest lecture will be carried out in an interactive manner so as to clarify the doubts of the students.
- The department staff members also participate in various Workshops / Seminar / Faculty Development Programme / National / International conferences and publishing the papers in Refereed Journals every semester to prove their mettle individually and collectively.
- To prove the excel and to prove the efficacy of the learners, Symposia are being organized every year in which students from various colleges participate and benefit themselves.
- In addition to regular curricular activities, the students are motivated to do the Certification courses through MIC, UTLP, FOSS and Placement Training Center for enhance their skill sets required by the industries.
- 22 students have secured University rank in Anna University Examinations.
- Two of our student (G.ArulSelvam and R.Kumaresh) had been positioned as Microsoft student Partner and Microsoft student Associate.
- Staffordshire University, UK and Education Matter India presented “Teaching Awards in Engineering” to IT department for producing Rank holders in the Anna University Examinations.
- The department has been categorized into GREEN status (Department Perform above Standard) in AICTE CII – 2014 Survey.
- Ms.Indumathi.P,Ms.JayaSushma.C&Ms.Pradheepa.P and Mrs.S.Lavanya,AP/IT has presented paper on Information and Knowledge Management in 21st IEEE International Conference and received “Best Interdisciplinary Paper Award”.
- Ms.JayaSushma.C,and Mrs.S.Lavanya,AP/IT has received “Google Developers Certificate” for Android Application Development.
- Mr.Karthick Narayanan and Mr.T.M.Santhosh has received “ISTE Best Paper Award”in 13th ISTE Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Section Annual Convention for Engineering Student.
- Mr.B.Venkatesan,AP/IT and Mr.S.Saravanakumar,AP/IT has received “Silver Award “for Faculty Excellence by Infosys.
- The department got status HIGH in AICTE CII – 2013 Survey
- Mr.B.Venkatesan,AP/IT,Mr.S.Saravanakumar,AP/IT,Mr.B.Prabusankar,AP/IT,Mr.R.Jayavadivel,AP/IT has received “Bronze Award “for Faculty Excellence by Infosys.