VISION AND MISSION:
The Department of Medical Electronics is a multidisciplinary engineering .In environment focusing on producing under graduate students who apply scientific knowledge of Medical Electronics design principles. The department brings together faculty from diverse disciplines that focus on teaching and research, with a mission to engage the challenges of the healthcare problems.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
PEO1 – To enable the graduates to demonstrate their skills in solving challenges in their chosen field through the core foundation and knowledge acquired in engineering and biology.
PEO2 – To enable the graduates to exhibit leadership, make decisions with societal and ethical responsibilities, function and communicate effectively in multidisciplinary settings.
PEO3 – To ensure the graduates to recognize the need for sustaining and expanding their technical competence and engage in learning opportunities throughout their career.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES :
To solve the real problems by using scientific knowledge of biology and health care with engineering concepts and to create and design the novel products and new technologies which is related to Medical instrumentation.
To encourage students to develop a Communication skills which will be helpful for the students to practice well in the field and with the ability to work productively as individuals and in groups.
To establish practicing as professionals in India and Abroad in the field Of Design, Research, Testing and Manufacturing of Medical Instrumentation.