About the Department
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001, offering B.E(ECE) and M.E (Communication Systems). The UG programme is thrice accredited by NBA, New Delhi and permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The department promotes R & D activities in related areas in collaboration with the industries. The department is enriched with state-of-the-art lab equipment in Circuits lab, R&D lab, VLSI lab, Communication systems lab, embeddedlab, Networks lab. The faculty members are well-experienced and dedicated towards the up-liftment of the student community. The students are exposed to the practical and industrial aspects of the subjects through laboratory works, Industrial visitsand Internship trainings regularly.
B.E – Electronics and Communication Engineering
M.E – Communication Systems
- Modernised Embedded Systems Lab, IoT Lab funded under AICTE MODROB scheme.
- Texas Instruments (TI) – Innovation Laboratory.
- Grants received from AICTE, ICMR, CSIR, MHRD, IE (I), TNSCST and ISTE.
- Department Library & State of Art Laboratory Facilities.
- IETE, ISTE, IE (I), Yi – Professional Society.
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) – Nodal Centre.
- Internet & Computing Facilities.
- ICT Enabled Class Rooms.
- Well Experienced Faculty members.
- Scholarships for meritorious students.
- Industry supported curriculum and syllabus.
- Value added courses.
- IETE students Forum & Electronics Club.
- MoU’s with Various Core Industries.
- Highest placement records in reputed Companies.
- Hands-On Experiences and Project Developmental activities.
- Grooming the students’ knowledge beyond the syllabus – Kits funded by TI
- Adopted Mentor-Mentee system to enhance the student’s future endeavour.
- Published the research project concepts – Patent, Reputed Journals.
- Best student project awards – InSc, TNSCST, Viswakarma Awards(AICTE) and SIH.
- Student’s project is shortlisted to be funded by MIC & IIC National Team in NIC 2020.
- Students Research Internships (Mitacs) – university of Guelph & Quebec, Canada and Yuan Ze University, Taiwan.
- Students obtained Summer Research Fellowship – National Academy of Sciences India.(NASI)
- Students obtained higher studies (MS) with 100% scholarship at Yuan Ze University.
- Students won Awards, Medals and cash prizes through various sports, NSS and Yoga activities.
- Two of our students shortlisted and took part in the Republic day parade at New Delhi.
- Our students are involved in Social activities through Talent Quest India (TQI).
- Organising Workshops, Seminars, Webinars, Guest lectures, Symposium, Project Contests, Entrepreneurship Programs and Conferences.