Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments of the Programme. The PEOs of B.E. Mechatronics are
PEO I: Global reputation: To Utilize the fundamental knowledge of basic sciences and engineering to succeed in their professional career.
PEO II: Fundamental Knowledge: To Analyze design and develop Mechatronics Engineering based products and processes for real world applications.
PEO III. Continuous learning: To Exhibit professional and managerial capabilities with ethical conduct and an aptitude for continuous learning.
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes:
1. Creativity and Design: To Design and develop Mechatronics systems by synergistic combination of precision mechanical engineering, electronic controls and systems.